Chesterton creates tailored industrial seal designs that integrate innovative technologies to provide a distinct competitive advantage in your marketplace. Our team incorporates seal engineering expertise, industry and process knowledge, and state-of-the-art analytical tools and testing to solve some of the most complex industry application challenges. These capabilities include:
Industrial Seal Design Modeling and Analysis
- 3-D design with powerful simulation and design validation capabilities for integrated customer design projects
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to ensure that the design and materials meet original specifications
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to map out internal multi-phase fluid flow and optimization
Systems and Equipment Analysis
Chesterton offers services that include equipment testing and redesign, root cause failure analysis, and corrective action recommendations to extend the life of mission-critical equipment.
Chesterton provides a world-class testing facility to support our customer's equipment testing needs (rotary, stationary, fluid power, and industrial coatings).
- Extensive knowledge of industry-recognized standard testing for emissions and fluid control to ASTM, API, and ISO standards (for example: API 622, API 624, API 682, ISO 15848, and TaLuft)
- Testing capabilities with many hot/cold liquids, as well as helium, methane, and other gases
- On-site coating inspections including failure analysis with reporting and corrective action recommendations
- Competitive benchmarking