Reliability Through Innovation
Chesterton's innovative solutions for hydropower operations have been implemented around the world with documented success and recognition. Chesterton delivers increased equipment performance and reliability with a portfolio of products and services unparalleled in the industry.
We help you meet challenges head on:
Reduce/Eliminate Water Turbine Leakage: Chesterton sealing technology ends most concerns over water leakage and costly water filtration
Minimize Oil Leakage: Our seal designs and advanced polymer materials help keep oil in the turbine hub and keep debris out
Extend Asset Life : High-performance industrial coating technologies protect new equipment and extend the life of corroded assets
Enhance Reliability: Unique compression packing technology for improved sealing
Reduce Maintenance & Downtime: Chesterton split sealing solutions simplify installation and repair so you can spend time on other tasks
Build Expertise: Our knowledeable trainers support your operation's most critical asset: its people
Split Mechanical Seals for Maximum Reliability
Chesterton is the global leader in innovative, value driven sealing device products. Our split seals for main turbine shafts are designed to seal without leakage, minimizing the problems associated with it. Our innovative technology has expanded split seal use in large rotating equipment, simplifying installation, improving reliability and extending performance capabilities.
- Chesterton split seals use abrasion-resistant face materials to mitigate seal wear typically associated with main shaft turbine seals. SpiralTracTM bushings prevent particulates from reaching the seal, enhancing seal reliability and extending seal life.
- Our knowledgeable specialists, engineers and service teams will listen and work with you to deliver the best total sealing solutions for your critical hydropower equipment.
By undering the dynamics of your process and individual needs, Chesterton will help you develop successful long-term sealing solutions. LEARN MORE.
Split Runner Blade Trunnion Seals: Keep Water Out & Lubrication In!
Leakage can generate havoc on an entire turbine system. Chesterton’s Split Runner Blade Trunnion Seals create a positive, leak-free sealing system that will improve sealing and reliability of runner blades to meet environmental control requirements. The benefits include:
- Virtually eliminates the concern of oil leakage into the environment and protects runner against water and its contamination
- Offers a design built to offset long-term issues associated with blade droop that impact long-term reliability
- Uses a high-performance thermoset polyurethane for improved abrasion, cut, and tear resistance—further lowering friction values that will reduce wearout
- Employs a split design for ease installation
Chesterton also offers high-performance sealing solutions for other hydraulic and pneumatic applications in hydropower industry, including: runner blade pitch control servomotors, turbine brake cylinders, wicket gate servomotors, and wicket gate stems.